(Single anastomosis duodeno-ileal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy)
It is a new surgical technique of bariatric surgery; which purpose is to achieve an adequate weight loss and end all diseases associated with obesity.
It consists of a Duodenal Switch, in which only an anastomosis or intestinal junction is needed.
Indications about SADI Bariatric Surgery:
- Patients with super-obesity (BMI> 55-).
- Metabolic syndrome.
- Patients in whom Gastric Sleeve has failed.
- It is performed by minimally invasive surgery.
- A Gastric Sleeve or Vertical Gastrectomy is performed.
- Grape and section of the duodenum 3 cm from the pylorus.
- Duodenum-Ileal anastomosis in loop at 2.30mts ileocecal valve.
SADI-S Surgery Advantages:
- The pylorus is preserved, which prevents alkaline reflux.
- Decreases the surgical time.
- It avoids the opening of the mesentery with the possibility of internal hernia development after it.
- It has a restrictive component, by the extirpation of the greater curve of the stomach.
- Malabsorptive component, since there is a common channel of 230 cm.
- More than 90% of the excess weight is lost after one year of the surgery.
- Glucose control the first week after the surgery.
- Normalization of glycosylated hemoglobin levels three months after the surgery.
Risks to consider:
- There is a 3% to 5% range of risks, which include infection, bleeding, atelectasis, thrombosis, anastomosis or stapling line leakage.
- Analytical monitoring is necessary to avoid malnutrition.
- Psycho-nutritional connection to achieve a new lifestyle.
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
• 1 hospital night.
• Medical fees.
• Medicines inside the hospital.
• Nutrition consultation after surgery (1 and 2 of nutrition and / or one month of follow-up).
• Psychological assessment + 1 consultation (stage 1 and 2 of Psychology) / or one month of follow-up.
• Stay of a companion in the facilities of the hospital.
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
• Extra charges due to complications or extra non-standard tests additional to the package offered.
• An additional charge applies to patients with a BMI (Body Mass Index) greater than 50, which is considered high risk.
DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT OF THE SURGERY:
Once your appointment for surgery is confirmed, the hospital will require an initial refundable deposit to reserve the date suggested by you and the balance will be reimbursed.
Recommended hotels (not included in the surgery price)
• HOTEL EJECUTIVO EXPRESS WEB HERE
• HOTEL LA ESTANCIA TAPATIA WEB HERE
• HOTEL CITY EXPRESS PLUS WEB HERE
* Previous approved surgeries.
* A previous deposit is required to confirm the surgery.